Another Monday, another awesome author! Ladies and gentlemen, the awesome Bronwyn Heeley!
G’day and welcome Browyn Heeley. Thank you so much for joining me at my blog for Mate Monday. It’s an absolute pleasure to have you here as an author mate. I’d love to get to know you and your writing process a little better.
First, let’s do an author quickie. 😉
- Pizza or pie? pie
- Books or movies? Books
- Food or sex? sex
- Chris Hemsworth or Chris Evans? Evans
- Lady Gaga or Beyoncé? Neither/both
- Music or silence? music
- Xbox or Playstation? playstation
- PC or Mac? PC
- Mum or dad? both
- Blond or brunet? brunet
- Abs or smile? smile
- Kindness or good looking? kindness
- Morning or night? night
- Sexy clothes or comfortable clothes? comfortable
- Softdrink (soda) or alcohol? softdrink
And some further questions:
- What is your favourite part about being an author?
Being able to go into a new world, a world you can make the world anything you want as you also let the world build itself up around you.
- Is there anything you’d change about your writing or about being an author?
I’ve already done that. The last 3 years I’ve being trying hard to change myself to fit into a mould I couldn’t keep it up, it sucked the life about of me and last year I decided to stop. I might not fit the perfect romance mould but that doesn’t mean I don’t write good romance.
- When did you know you wanted to write stories?
Once I starting reading, really reading as it wasn’t something I did growing up (struggles) I realised I could do this and I did. It’s also a relief not looking like a dick because I’m talking to myself.
- Do you have a favourite character you’ve written? If so, can you tell us about him or her?
Hm…I’m not sure by the time I’ve written them, rewritten them and read them over and over again I tend to hard everything about them. Saying this, I would probably say Craig or Phil from Moonlit Wolves (there’s more than one reason they are together)
- What’s your favourite book you’ve written thus far?
Taking A Stand. I effing love that book, love the world, can’t wait to write part two
- Were there any deleted scenes in your books you’ve written? If so, why were they deleted, and would you ever share them with your readers?
Nope. Sorry, I have outtakes and I have side stories, especially in this series as it was written a particular way which I hope everyone will like. Mostly though I don’t write what’s needed, I may add things but so far nothing is taken out. this might change once I get into write novels
- How often do you write? Do you find it difficult to sit down at those times to write?
I hate writing. I know right! but I hate it. I have once referred to it like running. I have, however, also realised my mental health needs to exercise of writing and being as I need to write nearly 21 books (and have them published) in 2 years that I have created a writing schedule that is like a 9-5 job. So I do 3 2 hour writing sprints with at least 20 mins of real movement in between. I start around 9am and end around 4pm with weekends completely free of writing (that’s when I get to binge read)
- How do you find inspiration?
Everywhere and everything.
- What are your writing plans for the future?
I plan on going from a short story writer to a novel writer as well as branching out into two other genres, it’s going to be fun
- Can you tell us a bit about your book?
Forever With My Werewolf is a rewrite, hell the whole series is. Except I’ve had to do some major plot shifting and tightening as well as added more interaction between the boys, hoping you get a better feel for them straight away. This book however is a pretty even rewrite and I mean it too, I’ve actually rewritten every word.
Anyway the book itself is about finding out your lovers’ secret and I guess realising if it even matters, can love truly win out, especially when the person with the secret might do everything they can to keep you away?
This book comes out on the 16th of Feb but will be free to all who are willing to sign up to my newsletter between the 10th – 15th Feb